William Audet is an associate and trademark agent at Bereskin & Parr. His practice focuses on trademark protection, including clearance, prosecution, trademark oppositions and cancellations, availability opinions, licensing, and enforcement, as well as intellectual property litigation and the protection of copyrights.
He also advises on marketing and advertising law, privacy and data protection and Quebec French language issues.
William graduated from the LL.B. program at the Université de Sherbrooke where he also completed a Juris Doctor with a specialization in transnational law. William also completed a Master of Laws thesis which focused on copyright protection of artificial intelligence systems and works generated by them.
William has authored and co-authored several intellectual property articles. His publications include a co-authored intellectual property textbook titled Précis de propriété Intellectuelle.
Prior to being admitted to the Bar, William was both a summer student and an articling student with the firm.
William is fluent in both English and French.
- LL.M., University of Sherbrooke, 2022
- J.D., University of Sherbrooke, 2020
- LL.B., University of Sherbrooke, 2018
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2023
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2023
- Admitted to the Québec Bar, 2021
- Quebec Bar (QB)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Association Littéraire & Artistique Internationale (ALAI)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Affiliate
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)