Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing
Our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing practice group is committed to keeping our clients abreast of the regulatory changes that impact the way that they market and advertise their products and services in Canada. We work with clients from all sectors and industries, both domestic and international and pride ourselves on giving clients practical advice based on a clear understanding of their businesses.
The following is a list of services that members of our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing group provide:
- Reviewing print and broadcast advertising (including comparative advertising) of consumer goods and services
- Advising on advertising regulated products and services including food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, and alcohol
- Advising on advertising to children
- Assisting clients to obtain clearance of their advertisements from various regulatory agencies
- Assisting clients to respond to complaints about their advertisements by consumers, competitors, or regulators
- Advising clients on challenging competitors' advertisements through the courts and Advertising Standards Canada
- Advising clients on consumer promotions such as contests and coupon programs
- Advising clients on consumer protection legislation
- Advising clients on marketing over the Internet
Packaging & Labelling
- Reviewing packaging and labelling of diverse products
Quebec French Language Requirements
- Advising on compliance with the Quebec Charter of the French Language and regulations adopted there under
- Advising clients on compliance with Canada's privacy laws
May 21, 2020
An Interview with Catherine Bate, Chief Legal and Policy Officer of Ad Standards – Her First Year...
May 20, 2020
Misleading Privacy Claims Results in $9 Million Dollar Penalty for Facebook
May 20, 2020
When it is Suggested (Sarcastically?) That Injecting Disinfectant May Be a Cure for COVID-19, it...
May 19, 2020
Top Things To Know Before Running a Contest in Canada
May 15, 2020
Last Minute Lifeline Thrown to R&D and IP at Imminent Risk of Shut-Down (COVID-19)
May 14, 2020
Send Back That Shoddy Product - Contract Remedies Illustrated After Purchase of Junky Medical Supplies...