Bereskin & Parr's Automotive practice group understands the pressures clients face and the need to protect intellectual property that strengthens the core value of innovation. Our team has a wealth of experience working in the automotive, manufacturing and high technology sectors. We work with clients in a broad range of mechanical and industrial manufacturing areas including automotive technologies, blow moulding technology and products, injection moulding equipment, control engineering, power electronics, integrated circuit design, computer systems and fuel cell technologies.
Our Automotive group includes professionals with a wide range of educational and automotive industry experience. Members of our group have multi-disciplinary technical experience that enables them to more effectively protect inventions with mechanical features, in combination with chemical, electrical, and electronic aspects. Our team has expertise in drafting, prosecuting and licensing mechanical and industrial technologies.
The following is a list of services that members of our Automotive practice group provide:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications worldwide,
- Providing patentability, validity and infringement searches and opinions,
- Performing prior art searches, including structure-based searches,
- Advising on the intellectual property aspects of supply or distribution agreements,
- Enforcing, defending and litigating intellectual property rights,
- Providing strategic advice on intellectual property portfolios,
- Conducting intellectual property audits and due diligence investigations,
- Registering copyright, industrial designs and integrated circuit topographies and
- Preparing and negotiating licensing agreements.