Ryan De Vries is an associate with Bereskin & Parr LLP. He is part of the Mechanical & Industrial Processes practice group and the Electrical & Computer Technology practice group.
Ryan assists with the strategic development and protection of intellectual property rights. Ryan has experience in preparing, filing, and successfully prosecuting patent and industrial design applications for mechanical, electrical, and computer technology, with a focus on mechanical subject matter. Ryan also assists clients in identifying valuable intellectual property assets, and advises on patent validity, infringement, and freedom to operate questions.
Ryan is an active member of associations that are shaping the intellectual property and legal communities. He is currently a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, and serves on the Young Practitioner’s Committee. Ryan is also a Trustee on the Board of Trustees of the Waterloo Region Law Association, and serves on the Governance Committee and the Legislative and Legal Committee.
Outside of work, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife and family, hiking, swimming, relaxing with a game of chess, and traveling. “What a tale we have been in”. (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- B.Sc. (Phys.), University of Western Ontario/Western University, 2013
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2019
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2018
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2017
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Waterloo Region Law Association (WRLA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)