Michael Fenwick is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP, practicing in the Firm’s Life Sciences group. He is also the leader of the Psychedelic practice group.
Mike’s practice focuses on all things chemistry, including pharmaceuticals, industrial chemicals and processes, cannabis and psychedelics. Mike advises both large and small companies, and universities, on their IP portfolios, and prepares and prosecutes chemical patent applications. He also conducts validity, infringement and freedom to operate opinions with respect to chemical patents. Mike frequently attends and speaks at conferences related to chemical and pharmaceutical patents, especially psychedelic innovations.
Outside of work, Mike focuses on his three sports-obsessed boys, and moonlights as a taxi driver to hockey arenas and baseball diamonds. Mike also coaches his sons’ baseball teams, and when he has a moment, watches the Toronto Blue Jays.
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2004
- M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry), University of Toronto, 2001
- B.Sc. (Biology), University of Toronto, 1998
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2008
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2007
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2005
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Associate
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)