Patent agent/Lawyer – Engineering & Technology Practice Group – MONTREAL, TORONTO, MISSISSAUGA, OR KITCHENER-WATERLOO
Bereskin & Parr LLP is a leading Canadian intellectual property law firm serving clients across all technologies and industries, in Canada and around the world.
At Bereskin & Parr you will work on complex, innovative files with clients ranging from dynamic start-up companies to the world’s largest multi-national corporations. You will have the resources of a large law firm while practicing in a relaxed environment. Our firm provides the opportunity to work and learn alongside some of Canada’s best known and experienced IP lawyers and agents, and offers excellent training, resources, and a friendly and flexible working environment.
We are currently looking for a mid-to-senior level patent agent to join our Engineering & Technology Practice Group. The ideal candidate is a registered Canadian Patent Agent with a minimum of four years’ experience in patent drafting and prosecution in the electrical and high-tech or mechanical and industrial fields. This position can be based out of any of Bereskin & Parr’s offices, which have implemented a permanent hybrid workplace model.
- Class 1 Canadian Patent Agent with the College of Patent Agents & Trademark Agents (CPATA) in good standing.
- Lawyer in good standing with the Ontario or Quebec Bar (preferred).
- Minimum of four years’ relevant experience in patent drafting and prosecution in a law firm context or in-house IP group.
- Fluent in English and French (preferred).
- Client-oriented and results-driven, able to work well in fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, yet practical and business minded.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- High level of motivation, commitment, and leadership.
- Post-secondary degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering, Physics, or similar education
- Canadian Law degree (preferred)
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application to:
Director, Legal Talent
Bereskin & Parr LLP
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in confidence.
Join Bereskin & Parr
We are committed to helping all our employees flourish in the institutional dynamics of a law firm and ensuring they stand out in the increasingly growing legal market.