Join Bereskin & Parr
What we look for in candidates
It is very important to start your career in an environment where you can grow and develop. Finding a firm that best fits your needs is one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
We look for candidates that are well-rounded with good academic records, interesting extra-curricular activities, and diverse work experience. As we are committed to providing professional development training and continuing legal education, candidates that we select are team-oriented and are interested in making a long-term commitment to the firm.
Bereskin & Parr is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, and these values are integral to our success and the success of our clients – our students and professionals bring their whole, authentic selves to work and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.
What we want you to send us
When applying to Bereskin & Parr, please include a cover letter addressed to Ryan Baker, résumé, copies of official transcripts from law school, undergrad, and any other post-secondary education, as well as a list of anticipated upper year courses. Writing samples and reference letters are not required.
- Keep it brief. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page. Let us know why you want to work at Bereskin & Parr, and why you think you’d be a great fit for our firm.
- Your résumé should not be longer than two pages and it should include the following information: Contact Information; Education; Employment History; Volunteer/Extra-Curricular Activities; and Awards/Scholarships.
- Proof-read! We’re sure you’ve reviewed your cover letter over and over, but it never hurts to have another set of eyes take a look. Get a friend to help.
- Be ready to talk about anything listed in your cover letter or résumé. You sound interesting and we want to know more about your experiences.
- Think about questions you may have for us. Feel free to reach out to our current students or associates to learn more about the firm.
Application process and guidelines
Bereskin & Parr participates in the annual summer student and articling recruitment process, and all our recruitment procedures are carried out in accordance with Law Society of Ontario guidelines. For more information, please see the LSO website: www.lso.ca.
Students interested in a summer or articling position with us must submit their applications through the viLaw Portal. Applications received otherwise will not be considered.
Inquiries should be emailed to:
Director, Recruitment & Professional Development
Bereskin & Parr LLP
40 King Street West, 40th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3Y2
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Ryan Baker, Director, Recruitment & Professional Development by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 416-957-1658.