How to Patent Artificial Intelligence in Europe and North AmericaMarch 30, 2021 Online
For a long time, Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) and other software related inventions, have been in a “grey area” of patentability, leading to uncertainty and an uneven playing field for AI innovation.
On Tuesday, March 30, join experts from Bereskin & Parr (North America) and Withers & Rogers (Europe) as they discuss levelling the AI playing field. Speakers will walk through concrete examples of inventions for which patent rights were granted (and in some cases refused) in Europe, Canada and the United States. Which types of software inventions, including AI inventions, can be patented? Are there certain characteristics that make an AI invention more likely to be patentable?
Our panel will answer these questions and others, specifically:
- Are some AI inventions intrinsically more patentable than others?
- Are some jurisdictions more AI friendly than others?
- How can I tell if my AI is patentable?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
This webinar may be counted towards 1.0 substantive hour in Ontario.
- Denis Keseris, Partner, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Ray Kovarik, Associate, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Harry Strange, Associate, Withers & Rogers
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET