PATENT AGENT/LAWYER – TORONTO, MONTRÉAL, MISSISSAUGA, OR KITCHENER-WATERLOO
Bereskin & Parr LLP is a leading Canadian intellectual property law firm serving clients across all industries around the world.
At Bereskin & Parr you will work on complex, innovative files with clients ranging from small start-up companies to large multi-national corporations. You will have the resources of a large law firm while practicing in a more relaxed environment. Our firm provides the opportunity to work and learn alongside some of Canada’s best known and experienced IP lawyers, and offers excellent training, resources, and a friendly and flexible working environment.
We are currently looking for a mid-level patent agent to join our Life Sciences Practice Group. The ideal candidate is a registered Canadian Patent Agent with a minimum of three years experience in patent drafting and prosecution in the technical area of chemistry. This position can be based out of any of Bereskin & Parr’s offices (all of which are currently operating remotely due to COVID, with a hybrid office/remote model to commence in 2022).
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent with Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO) in good standing
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
- A strong background in organic chemistry
- Client-oriented and result-driven, able to work well in fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, yet practical and business minded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- High level of motivation, commitment, and leadership
- Team player
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry
- LLB or JD (preferred)
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application to:
Director, Recruitment & Professional Development
Bereskin & Parr LLP
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be held in confidence.