Foreign Trademark Clerk - Toronto
Bereskin & Parr is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property (“IP”) law firms. At Bereskin & Parr (B&P) we are committed to providing exceptional client service. At B&P we take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work environment and are a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN).
The primary focus of this position is to support in the capacity of clerk several foreign trademark portfolios, with the filing and prosecution of foreign trademark applications, including: preparing documents; organizing records and files; and to ensure comprehensive communication with clients. This role will work to ensure client timelines and established turnaround times are met.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Draft and send filing instructions to foreign associates
- Attend to filing of Madrid applications and related prosecution
- Review and report foreign examiner’s reports, obtain instructions from clients to respond including necessary follow-up reminders on deadlines
- Proofread and report various documents, including advertisements and Registration Certificates
- Review, report and instruct foreign associates to pay renewal fees and to respond to proof of use requirements including communication with client regarding evidence/affidavits
- Report opposition and expungement related correspondence to clients and assist professionals with opposition and expungement proceedings as requested
- Arrange for translation, authentication and legalization of documents by foreign consulates
- Other tasks as assigned
What you’ll bring to B&P:
- Minimum five years foreign trademark prosecution experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite - (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong team player who demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems and technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes: email@example.com. Please include "Foreign Trademark Clerk" in the subject line.
Currently, we are working remotely (from home). To offer our staff flexibility, we will be implementing a hybrid work from home structure as of January 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone 416-957-1622.