Director, Business Development & Marketing - Toronto
Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P/Firm) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property (“IP”) law firms. We have four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment. We are honoured to have been recognized by Chambers as 2020 Outstanding Firm for Furthering Diversity & Inclusion (Canada).
There is an immediate opportunity for a Director, Business Development and Marketing working out of our Toronto office. This position is key in managing and directing the business development and marketing initiatives of the Firm. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for guiding the Business Development and Marketing Department.
1. Business Development
- Develop and execute business development strategies, plans and projects consistent with the Firm’s goals.
- Proactively identify and evaluate new business development opportunities.
- Collaborate with practice groups to develop viable business development strategies to expand current relationships, develop new relationships, and enhance market presence and reputation.
- Lead and participate in preparation of proposals and client pitch presentations.
- Work with the practice groups to develop strategies to enhance market presence and reputation.
- Oversee and manage various activities such as publishing articles, maintaining Firm sponsorships and relationships, advertising and consulting with practice group leaders to bring these ideas and programs to fruition.
- Lead and oversee event planning for client events, external conferences and tradeshows.
- Approve and prepare content for directories, advertisements, editorials, signage, the Firm’s website, brochures, biographies for awards and news releases.
- Overseeing the release of the quarterly or bi-annual e-newsletters for the practice groups.
- Writing and editing content for the Firm’s external marketing materials and brochures.
- Organize speaking opportunities and solicit sponsorships.
- Manage the Firm’s media relations.
- Prepare the annual marketing budget and manage and track expenditures and cost allocations to ensure business development and marketing initiatives remain within budget.
- Ensure the consistency, professionalism, and reputation of the Firm’s brand, including its “look and feel” in all instances where it can be applied.
- Supervise, guide, and assist members of the business development and marketing department including training, mentoring and performance evaluations.
- Provide timely and effective support to the Firm’s marketing initiatives.
Experience and skills required:
- Degree in marketing or related field.
- Five to eight years of senior marketing and business development experience in a law environment is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong managerial and collaboration skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and develop skills of the marketing team.
- Excellent project management, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with client relationship management databases.
- Experience with full office suite, and online digital marketing platforms.
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are an asset
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Director, Business Development & Marketing" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Nelly Meira, Director, Human Resources & Administration by email (email@example.com) or by phone 416-957-1674.